Terrific Activities close to Your Hotel in Tempe, AZ
Good Times are Never on the Line
From the bedroom to the boardroom to the boardwalk, Tempe offers travelers the finest upgrades, the most efficient meeting spaces and the best sights in Arizona—bar none. These qualities are made tangible at Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport. Simple, dedicated, straightforward service—this is what guests expect, and this is what guests receive. It’s hard to call it a commute when minutes separate you from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Downtown Tempe. Be greeted by friendly staff in the morning and your soft linens at night. It’s easy to get the gist—our hotel is a step above the rest for a reason.
We are less than one mile to the Phoenix Light Rail station at Priest/Washington and 1.5 miles to the station on Mill Ave in the heart of downtown Tempe. Our shuttle drops off/picks-up passengers from either station allowing guests to explore East from Mesa to downtown Phoenix stadiums, corporate offices, entertainment, restaurant and other venues.
Did you know that Saguaro cacti only grow in one part of the USA? ARIZONA. With more than 325 days of sunshine a year, you can always plan on perfect weather. If that's not enough to persuade you to take a trip to Arizona, consider that Arizona has the good fortune of being home to the Grand Canyon, one of the "Seven Natural Wonders of the World.”
- Don’t forget your camera to capture unforgettable moments
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, and a sun hat. Arizona is one of the sunniest cities in the U.S. year-round.
- In the Summer (May-September) bring multiple light T-shirts, shorts, flip flops, bathing suit, and comfortable running or walking shoes.
- In the winter (October-April), bring a jacket with you. The days are nice. Temps in the 70's but overnight lows can drop into the upper twenties and lower thirties.
- Leave extra room in your suitcase for souvenirs as Arizona has some great shopping.
- Lots and lots of drinking water. It's amazing how fast you can become dehydrated.
- Purchase a map of Arizona if you are looking to do some sightseeing to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Flagstaff, the Mogollon Rim, or the Saguaro National Park near Tucson.
- US & Arizona driving is on the right side of the road.
- Car rental companies require you to be 21 with surcharges, or 25 years old to rent and drive a car
- The legal driving age is 16 years old with a valid driver’s license
- Speed is measured in miles per hour
- In Arizona, texting while driving is illegal
- Driving while consuming alcohol is illegal
- Tipping is customary when dining in the US. Not tipping is considered distasteful. Ask for a manager if you received poor service.
- For restaurants, tips should be 15-20% of the total bill
- For bar, servers should receive $1 per drink
- 20% is customary for salon and spa services
International Cell Phones:
- It is a good idea to check with your main cell phone provider as many cell phones without an International plan will not work in the US.
- Ask a hotel associate to borrow an International Outlet Adapter or Universal Cell Phone Charger if you forgot yours.
Take a lengthy trip and turn it into something special at Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport. Long-term travelers find their home here, and that’s because convenience is in the details. Keep up with changing appetites by trying our free daily breakfasts. Make your own mealtimes with our 24/7 Gallery Menu. End your day with a delicious drink from the Coffee to Cocktails Bar after a busy day out the door with a Grab n’ Go snack in-hand. Short-term travelers often wish their trip wouldn’t end so soon, especially with local walking paths and a personalized fitness center at their beck and call.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfasts
- 24/7 Gallery Market and Menu
- Grab ‘n Go snack options
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar
- 24/7 e-room with free public computers and remote printing
- 24-hour StayFit Gym with Life Fitness® cardio equipment
- Outdoor heated pool
- Jogging/walking paths along Tempe Town Lake
As a friendly reminder of home, every guestroom is graciously appointed with pleasant, comfortable accommodations.
- Oversized Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Single serve coffee/tea maker
- AM/FM alarm clock radio with MP3 connectivity
- Separate workspace
- 1875 watt hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
Maps and Directions
From Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport: Follow the East Exit signs to 202 East. Take 202 East to the Priest Drive Exit. Turn right on Priest Dr. Continue just past Rio Salado Parkway. Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport is on the right-hand side.
From rental car facility at the Airport: Take Sky Harbor Circle left. Turn left on 24th Street. Take 24th St. to 202 East. Continue on 202 East to the Priest Drive Exit. Turn right on Priest Dr. Continue just past Rio Salado Parkway. Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport is on the right-hand side.
Take on Tempe with your best friend by your side. Our pet-friendly hotel offers perks for any pup under 50 pounds. Cool off in our cozy, clean and smoke-free guestrooms. Fill the room with familiar, homey fragrances from the coffee/tea maker. Store your furry friend’s favorite treats and food in the mini-fridge. Use your oversized space to stretch your legs, or drive less than two miles to Jaycee Park for a personal dog run area. One trip to Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport will show you why people and pets come running.
- Jaycee Park – 1.6 miles
- Mitchell Dog Park – 2 miles
- Papago Dog Park – 3.2 miles
- Creamery Park – 3.9 miles
- Tempe Sports Complex Dog Park – 7.6 miles
For guest staying 1-6 nights, a $75 non-refundable pet fee will be administered. Guests staying 7-30 nights, a $75 non-refundable pet fee plus an additional $100 cleaning fee will be administered. Guests stay 30 + nights, please contact the hotel. The fee(s) will be inclusive of taxes. A maximum of 2 dogs per room are permitted. Only dogs weighing 50 lbs and under are permitted; two dogs may be allowed in a guestroom provided the combined weight of both dogs does not exceed 75 pounds; the pet fee encompasses this and pets exceeding are at the hotels discretion. All pets must be housebroken.
Check-in Time: 3:00 PM
Check-out Time: 12:00 PM