Did you know that Saguaro cacti only grow in one part of the USA? ARIZONA. With more than 325 days of sunshine a year, you can always plan on perfect weather. If that's not enough to persuade you to take a trip to Arizona, consider that Arizona has the good fortune of being home to the Grand Canyon, one of the "Seven Natural Wonders of the World.”
- Don’t forget your camera to capture unforgettable moments
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, and a sun hat. Arizona is one of the sunniest cities in the U.S. year-round.
- In the Summer (May-September) bring multiple light T-shirts, shorts, flip flops, bathing suit, and comfortable running or walking shoes.
- In the winter (October-April), bring a jacket with you. The days are nice. Temps in the 70's but overnight lows can drop into the upper twenties and lower thirties.
- Leave extra room in your suitcase for souvenirs as Arizona has some great shopping.
- Lots and lots of drinking water. It's amazing how fast you can become dehydrated.
- Purchase a map of Arizona if you are looking to do some sightseeing to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Flagstaff, the Mogollon Rim, or the Saguaro National Park near Tucson.
- US & Arizona driving is on the right side of the road.
- Car rental companies require you to be 21 with surcharges, or 25 years old to rent and drive a car
- The legal driving age is 16 years old with a valid driver’s license
- Speed is measured in miles per hour
- In Arizona, texting while driving is illegal
- Driving while consuming alcohol is illegal
- Tipping is customary when dining in the US. Not tipping is considered distasteful. Ask for a manager if you received poor service.
- For restaurants, tips should be 15-20% of the total bill
- For bar, servers should receive $1 per drink
- 20% is customary for salon and spa services
International Cell Phones:
- It is a good idea to check with your main cell phone provider as many cell phones without an International plan will not work in the US.
- Ask a hotel associate to borrow an International Outlet Adapter or Universal Cell Phone Charger if you forgot yours.